2006 NASCIO Recognition Awards
For the 18th consecutive year, the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) will honor outstanding achievements in the field of information technology through its Recognition Awards Program. Emphasis for this year's awards will again be placed on recognizing those information technology initiatives that exemplify best practices, support the public policy goals of state leaders, assist government officials in innovatively executing their duties and provide cost-effective services to citizens.
The award categories have been re-evaluated and refreshed this year. Updated categories reflect the wide range of information technology initiatives that are under development across the country. NASCIO has also announced the creation of several new award categories, including cross-boundary collaboration and partnership; IT project and portfolio management; and data, information and knowledge management.
2006 NASCIO Recognition Awards will be presented in:
- Business continuity;
- Cross-boundary collaboration and partnerships;
- Data, information and knowledge management;
- Digital government: government to business;
- Digital government: government to citizen;
- Digital government: government to government;
- Enterprise architecture;
- Enterprise IT management initiatives;
- Information communications technology (ICT) innovations; and
- IT Project and portfolio management
The final deadline for submissions is June 14, 2006.
To make a nomination, or for complete details about the award categories, criteria and submission guidelines, please visit www.nascio.org/awards/index.cfm.